CITYWIDE CLEAN-UP – MAY 22, 2023
PUBLIC HEARING FOR 2023 BUDGET SEPTEMBER 29, 2022
BUDGET WORK SESSION – AUGUST 30, 2022
BUDGET WORK SESSION – JULY 21, 2022
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING – FEBRUARY 14, 2022
PUBLIC HEARING – FEBRUARY 8, 2022
PUBLIC HEARING – BUDGET 2022 – NOV 9, 2021
- Meters are read around the 15th of the month
- Bills are processed and mailed out around the 25th of the month
(Please open and review bills when they are received)
- Bills are due on the 10th of the following month
(Please bring bill statement in or mail in detachment stub with payment)
(Please be sure to have the correct 6 digit account number on bank drafts)
- A 10% penalty will be charged to unpaid balances after the 10th of the month
- All payments are due on the 20th of the month, at the latest, in order to not be cut off (if the 20th is on a Saturday or Sunday, bills can be paid the following Monday and cut off fees will not be charged until the next day/Tuesday)
- Cut off fees of $50 per service will be charged on the 21st of the month
- Utility Worker hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., if services are needed.
- City Hall hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After-hours operators are for emergencies ONLY (i.e. water or gas leaks)
- Cash, Check, Money Orders, Bank Drafts, Credit/Debit Cards (As of April 21, 2018) are currently accepted
- Effective October 16, 2014 the fee for returned checks will be $50.00
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VIEW THE ANNUAL WATER QUALITY REPORTS (CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT)
THESE REPORTS WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION CONCERNING THE WATER THAT YOU DRINK AND USE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CONSUMER CONFINDENCE REPORT 2021
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT 2020
THE CITY OF UNION POINT BUILDING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT
The City of Union Point’s building and zoning department is managed through Bureau Veritas. A representative from Bureau Veritas will assist you with Residential, Commercial or Industrial construction needs including, but not limited to the following:
- HVAC/Fuel Gas
- Fencing and/or Walls
- Swimming pools
- Manufactured homes
Please visit City Hall at 107 Scott Street Union Point, GA 30669, or call the City Hall at (706) 486-4102 if you have any questions on any work you are currently in the process of, or if you want to begin any work that may need a permit. You may also email Hal Chitwood at email@example.com for further details.
The code of ordinances for Union Point may be reviewed at the following link
to review the City’s ordinances related to but not limited to junked cars, overgrown grass, dilapidated properties, blighted properties, standing water, and accumulation of debris and tires.
THE CITY OF UNION POINT NOW ACCEPTS CREDIT CARDS!
The City of Union Point accepts credit cards for payments in the office and online payments. Please make sure the cardholder is on the account to be paid. There will be a surcharge added to the bill when using a credit card.
Please note: Connection fees and reconnect fees must be made via cash, check or money order.
We continue to accept cash, check, money order, and bank drafts. Bank drafts must be made through your bank website and scheduled each month in time for the bank to process your payment and sent to the City Hall.